Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year - Crazy Family & Friends



For the last 6 or 7 years, my husband, Jerry and my son, Luke have gone to swim in Lake Michigan (in Milwaukee) on New Year's Day. They always bring a van full of equally crazy friends to go in with them. Their only rule is that you have to go under. This is the first year that there was lots of ice. They all had cuts and scraps from getting in and out because of the ice. Some of them had ice frozen into their hair when they got out and Jerry had pockets full of ice. This is not a tradition that I choose to participate in, but it is fun to watch. There are thousands of people who attend.

4 comments:

Kathy W said...

ooh crazy, we have the same here in Boston area- "L street Brownies" jump in Boston Harbor.

Unknown said...

wow crazy but looks like fun

Chrissy D said...

The look on that guys face in the background says it ALL!!!! Brrrr! Does not sound like fun to me, but I know how much your family enjoys it. LOL HAPPY NEW YEAR!

kc_froglady said...

CRAZYYYYYYY I am glad they have fun but really?!?!? Brrrrrrrrrr