Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"Belli Challenge" - Envelopes


This week's "Belli Challenge" is using envelopes in a creative way. I made this out of a Brown Square Envelope from the last Mini Catalog - I hope Stampin' Up has them in the next catalog. I sealed the envelope and cut the sides to make a basket shape. Then I added Twill and the greeting using the circle punches and the scallop punch. The Sock Monkey Set, Ridinghood Red Ink and Card Stock and the designer series paper will be in the Fall/Winter Catalog from Stampin' Up. I stamped the monkey on vanilla card stock and on vanilla card stock that had the Twill Background Stamp stamped in Chocolate Chip
Ink. Then I cut the Twill stamped monkey and glued the parts that I wanted to be brown onto the vanilla monkey. The eyes kid of disappeared so I used a punch with Basic Black Card Stock to make the eyes. My daughter couldn't wait until i was finished so she could eat the cookie. To See More ideas with this week's "Belli Challenge" go to the following web-sites. (click on the links to the left on the screen labeled "Belli Challenge Team") This week's participants are:
Chris Dickinson
Christi Thorsen
Holly Brown
Laurie Serino
Rochelle Wick
Lorie Ames

7 comments:

Holly said...

This is a great idea, Shelly. I've gotta try this one out. Wanna send me some cookies to put in my envelopes?? Hee hee hee!!

Chrissy D said...

ROFL- Holly cracks me up. You amaze me with your endless ideas. I can never think this creatively. THANK YOU for continually inspiring me to think outside of the box! This is wonderful!

Christi Flores said...

This is too cute!!! I love that sock monkey!!

laurie serino said...

these are just awesome, I love the lions, they are so cute !!

Rochelle W said...

Super cute Shelly. I made mine like yours but I can't take a picture of it cause my camera is not working. My neighbor is going to come over later with hers to take a picture for me so I can post mine. I love yours. Aren't they fun!!

Lorie said...

Oh, that is seriously cute! Great job!

Stamp With Linz said...

What a clever idea & that sock monkey is too cute- nicely done!